Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Art Journal

This is the cover of my new art journal. Its a vintage atlas. This paper is a Somerset "Art to Borrow" by Pam Garrison. Its one of my favs....I have been busy busy with my art journal. This activity has really taken over for me. It is a time that relaxes and soothes me. I love looking back and reading the entries because I forget everything so quickly these days... its terrible! Sometimes one of my daughters will want to write something.... which I love too.... such a keepsake....
Sometimes just cut and paste pictures or art that inspires me....

Sometimes no words at all....


Sometimes a photograph which captures a feeling I am having at that moment in time.


Through my childhood I also attempted to keep diaries but after a few entries they would be left to the wayside.... this is a journal that has finally caputured my interest.... at least for now.













3 comments:

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

What a beautiful journal! I've also tried journaling throughout my life, and it has just never stuck. Maybe an art journal is the way to go!

Robin said...

I love creating (and creating in) an art journal. Like you, I find it is the only means for me to keep a diary of sorts. I see it as "me time".

I love your cover and all that you have shared with us.

Oh and Jenn....I have tagged you over on my blog.

http://www.robinsbluenest.typepad.com

I hope you have had a beautiful day.

Lori said...

Jenn, that looks amazing...i love how you use colors...it looks like you are having a lot of fun with your journal!!!