Well, it has been a whirlwind of family, packages, dishes, sleep, and laughter. What a wonderful wonderful time of year. I know how lucky I am to have all that I do and to share my life with a bunch of really special people. Today - I am counting my blessings.
1. My three children... who keep me guessing, wondering, and laughing;
2. My husband....who loves me unconditionally and supports my strangest whims;
3. Karen....whos love and support I can feel from miles away - she just gets me;
4. My Mom and Dad who would do just about anything for me and my children;
5. My job - not only for financial support, flexibility and having a human touch in a big corporate world, but for providing me with a wonderful group of friends who have become a part of my family;
6. My home: which gives me warmth, security, and contentment;
7. Access to this great big computer world which has allowed me to realize that I am not one lost soul swimming in a fish bowl and there are like minded women out there who also like old chippy junk, getting lost in an antique mall for 4 hours and cutting and pasting pretty things too!
Happy New Year! Won't you count your blessings too?
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
I am a wood carver's daughter..... Last year, my dad made me this gorgeous Saint Nick for Christmas. He is handcarved from a chunk of wood and handpainted. He is one of my favorite decorations... I know he was made with love.... He usually makes these amazing birds... owls, hawks, song birds, which I will show you someday as well.... but at Christmas he makes these and they make my heart happy....