Saturday, June 20, 2009

Velvet Love

I told myself I would NOT buy another vintage jewelry box.... until I found this one.... the color of that blue velvet just makes me swoon. I am totally loving velvet these days. The cost was $4.00. I couldn't walk away. These little cuties were in a bag of vintage things I bought. They are in the most amazing condition. Their clothes are just so well kept. Somebody loved them.... they are going up on etsy....
I purchased this silk floral pin keep... this is the inside.... love the rusting pin that has probably been there for years and years.... (my husband is shaking his head in wonder at me)


So pretty.....


Also bought these vintage scissors. I am always amazed at how the quality of vintage items surpasses those of today's items. I would gladly buy something old and used and know it is going to last me a very long time.


And another pin keep... the velvet fascination again. Super sweet and only about an inch and half big.

And again, old velvet iris flower.... wrinkled, worn, and stained..... just my speed!


Hope your having a great weekend!




























5 comments:

Tina said...

Looks like you have got yourself some really great finds. That velvet iris is so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing
Tina

Tina said...

Hi Jen
Just wanted you to know that I have put up a link to your blog on mine. Hope it´s okay - otherwise please say :D
Have a lovely weekend
Tina

orange sugar home said...

love your finds. the pin cushions are so sweet. I too added your link. I look forward to your posts!!

Alisa Noble said...

Girl, I am SO with you on that velvet thing! I can never get enough!
Fabulous finds!

Lori said...

lovely finds...the flower is a stunner!!!