Tuesday, June 30, 2009

See the Beauty

Latest flea finds.... gorgeous old lace. This unopened package is from the now defunct Canadian department store, Eatons. Can you imagine getting 12 yards for 25 cents? I wonder if that was expensive at the time? It is very pretty trim... not sure that I will be able to open it though. Silly me.

Very pretty, tatted, old quilted pillowcases which I plan on taking apart and re-making into something else.


Gorgeous velvet ribbons in pretty shades of sky blue...


Cute little china candleholders. I found these at a thrift store for $1.50. Sweet.




Old box from Japan.... really loving the aging design on top....



Here is a view from the side. Almost good enough to eat, I'd say.


And this sweet little felt holly hobbie pin keep.... somebody did a lot of work here...



Hope your week is going just swimmingly.






7 comments:

Lori said...

i DO see the beauty...you really found lovely things...the lace is gorgeous, just like you said...and that box is heavenly, so pretty...i love the faded coloring...that was a really great find...

luckygirlgifts said...

Absolutely edible. I especially love the velvet ribbon and the needle work done on the pin keep.
Thanks for sharing all of the pretties with us.
Cari b.

Caleen said...

I sure love all your special finds.. Love the Lace.. You know.. I love lace of all kinds.. I especially love the Blue velvet ribbon.. So pretty.. I love Velvet.. Love the pin keeper.. I have lots of Holly Hobbie stuff.. Really great finds.. (I would buy some of that velvet ribbon if you ever want to sell some !)

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I hope you will visit my art blog, and become friendly.

We hope to hear from you soon,
Jesse Noe

Caleen said...

Hi.. I can't seem to get an email to you.. Microsoft won't let me send it.. I will reply to you if you email me.. Caleenrae@aol.com.
Sorry.. Thanks.. Have a great Night!

orange sugar home said...

I love the candleholders!! I also love the Japanese box - I have a thing for old tins too. The blue velvet ribbon is so luxurious. what great finds!

Alisa Noble said...

Beautiful! Are you going to sell that gorgeous Japanese box?!