Thursday, April 16, 2009

Springness

I've got springness happening around here today. I am actually walking around in the house in bare feet with the windows open... ahhhh.... I can hear birds chirping and my favorite frog song... it's all good.... I was inspired to make this little paper flower after seeing Pam's coffee filter garland... it is made with those itty bitty paper baking cups. I thought it turned out pretty cute... I'd like to make about 20 more and put them in a pretty bowl... but I don't think that is going to happen! These cuties are appearing in my garden... not sure what they are called, and they don't flower at all, but I love their little green rosebud like circles... super sweet.....

Found these velvet beauties at my local small town antique store. It's actually an old hat... there are literally hundreds of these little blooms on it.... its begging to be de-constructed!!


And finally, here are my two sweet diggity dogs. I think they would like to jump for joy that it has finally stopped snowing here! This is shasta... (named after the daisy) ....


and this is lee loo... (she is named after a character in a Bruce Willis movie... I know you can see my train of thought here!) ha ha....




They are both getting kind of long in the teeth.... I do enjoy their company so.... Have a great Thursday!!


5 comments:

Miya said...

Birds are chirping here too! And the sun is out, and I'm about to go out for lunch to a thrift store, what could be better!

Happy Spring!!
M

hens teeth said...

Glad spring is springing for you.
Aw your doggies are so lovely.
Oh....that hat, what a find, good for you x

Alisa Noble said...

Your doggies are so cute, Jenn!
And that little rosebud like plant... lovely shade of green. Is it a succulant?

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely paper flower you made. Your dogs are such cuties. It must be fun to have them around. As for the little green flowery plant, I have never seen one like that. Very pretty, though.
Maureen

Mary Wadsworth said...

Your dogs are darling! That flower from your garden is the most beautiful color green.

Thanks for sharing,
Mary