Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Must Go Home

I have really been struggling with time. I have been throwing all of my extra time (after family, home and day job) into my etsy shoppe. Trying to make it successful.... trying to find the "right" things, wondering, waiting, looking. I need to remind myself that it doesn't matter so much. Do your best and see what happens. When I talk to myself, remind myself, that its ok if it doesn't sell, its ok if I don't watch it everyday, I feel better, I feel more relaxed. The whole reason I begun the etsy thing was to support my creative expenses and now I am spending so much time selling stuff I don't have enough time to create.... does this ever happen to you?? I guess it goes back to stop and smell the roses.... stop and remember what makes you happy.... and do it - no matter what.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

that is exactly what happened to me when i started my shop! i obsessed and spent hours every night either listing or watching other shops, checking what was selling, what was newly listed...trying to figure it out. and yes i stopped creating, but i am back to creating and am now bad about my shop...it is a balance that takes some time to figure out, to be sure. love your little house collage!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi Jenn, I think we could all cut and paste your post and put it on our own blogs :) It does happen to all of us. Finding the balance is hard. I have neglected my .com shop because of my etsy shop. Different things sell sooner/better at each location. It should be easier now that the kids are back in school (I hope, LOL)

Love your collage too! Karen xoxox

Alisa Noble said...

I remember feeling the same way when I opened my shoppe. Thank goodness that passed!
I LOVE your "home" collage... absolutely wonderful!