Saturday, September 13, 2008

Somebody Loves Me

I sure am glad I bought this four leaf clover.... because look what it brought me.... I cannot believe I found a dressform in smalltown Ontario Canada. I walked into Mom and Pop's antique shop and there she was.... $175.00 too much. I think they noticed I was drooling a bit so they offered her to me for 50% off and I was still going to walk away.... what? Was I crazy?? I having been lusting after these for 6 months and never even seen one! Well.. maybe four leaf clovers are lucky after all....??? And hubby doesn't even mind her.... well, he thinks I should sell it.... but I refuse because I am already in love.....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl!!!
She is a beauty, but now you have to give her a name!!!!
Which small town in Ontario do you live in?? I am in Timmins, do you know where that is?
Take care
Diane

Alisa Noble said...

Is he crazy?! :) I wouldn't sell her either!

Heidi said...

Girlfriend, if all it took was drooling to get them to offer her to you for 50% off, I better get some special saliva inducing gum. What a deal...good thing you didn't walk away, you would have never lived it down in blogland! She is super cool! Are you going to name her like everyone else does?
:) Heidi

kathy said...

Hi , just dropping by - from the Bellaween blog -- Your mannequin is lovely -- I have one - Bessie Mae -- she is only partly dressed - so will put a picture soon
Kathy - GA

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

She is lovely Jenn! So pretty. Love the detail (finial). I missed buying my second dress form last weekend. The Auction I was working at had two auctioneers selling items at the same time! I did not know they were doing it that way. While I was helping at the front of the farmhouse I missed the dress form sell at the back. It sold for $1. Can you believe it!!!! I am still crying :(

~ Karen