Saturday, August 9, 2008

crafted

I purchased Charlotte Lyons' book, Crafted, from her Etsy shop and was just delighted. I was immediately inspired to create a fabric collage and I know I have been promising you a peek.... here it is..... The button I used on for the door knob is one of my favorites. It is the palest light pink and has a beautiful sparkly rhinestone in its centre....
The trim across the roof is very old and handmade. It was in a big bag of vintage sewing notions I bought from an antique mall. I cannot imagine creating something so intricate....

I did some hand sewing, some machine sewing, and some gluing. It really was a fun project.




Thank you Charlotte for the inspiration!




8 comments:

Erin K said...

Oh this is fantastic! I'm going to have to check out that book if it is this inspiring. :)

Caleen said...

Awesome Job... That turned out beautiful. I've always wanted to do a collage on Fabric but, always a little afraid to. Now, you have inspired me. I love Charlotte Lyons.
I first saw her stuff in Mary Engelbreits crafty books.. I can't believe the snake either.. I hate snakes!! I also know what you mean about Millinery Flowers.. I even asked my Neighbor if his wife had any old hats.. I think he thought I was crazy.. A few months a go I scored a big box of hats from a lady for $5.00.. I guess patience is the key.. Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving such nice compliments. I really appreciate it. Have a good Sunday :)

Alexandra Knittel said...

Thank you for coming to visit me. Your fabric collage is wonderful. Have a nice day.

Alisa said...

Oh, it's great Jenn! The old trim is beautiful! Your machine stiching looks like it's coming right along.

Karen said...

Looks lovely Jenn! I love the buttons :) and the light blue and green tones in the fabric. Very pretty!

Karen at Ciderantiques

Michele-thisgoodday said...

Your finished piece is so pretty...lots of fun things to look at on the collage. Looks like it was wayyy fun! That trim is beautiful~ Thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

Andria said...

What a gorgeous project! I'll have to take a look at this book myself. :D

jenny fowler said...

it is so pretty! charlotte is great inspiration. i have yet to attempt her style. you did a great job with yours!