Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stratford Ontario

The girls and I left the boys at home on Friday and headed up to Stratford, Ontario. This place just makes me happy. It was a beautiful warm spring day to end our week of freedom that was March Break.
The architecture makes me swoon. I wish they made buildings like this now a days....




I can only image how sweet it would be to live here... and peer out this pretty window ... can you see those sweet pink geraniums blooming on that window sill?

The street-scape goes on and on like this...... oh, so pretty.....

This lovely lady sits atop a pretty water fountain.... there wasn't any water yet....

These true words are engraved on the bottom of the fountain. They ring very true for me.

In the warmer months these lion heads will shoot water from their mouths....


A war memorial which made the girls stop and think for a moment...

And of course.....


Cuz... you know I wouldn't love it if it didn't have antiques.


And then there is the churches.....



Thanks for the hospitality Stratford. We had a great time and we'll be back again soon!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

bevutiful potos...i do the same...xxx

Caleen said...

WHAT A FUN PLACE TO VISIT. I love the details in the buildings. Great pictures. Your girls are so cute.. Glad you had a little break.
Have a good day :)